Donations Welcome

I am currently saving toward a new version of Paint Shop Pro. If you wish to help me out, then please donate.

Larger versions of images can be seen by clicking on the image. Also, thank you for your kind and encouraging comments. I love reading the comments. If you use my any of freebies, I would be overjoyed with a comment containing a link to your item. I love seeing any of my freebies in use.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Text in a Shape


This tutorial will show you how to make text in a particular shape in Photoshop.

1.  Select a Preset Shape.  I have chosen the default heart shape (Heart Card) that comes with Photoshop.  If you want to see it, then choose a color for it, but the color does not matter.


2.  On your open canvas, draw out the shape to the desired size.

3.  Select the text tool and hover in the middle of the shape.  The tool should develop a circle.



4.  Click and type your text in your chosen color.


5.  Hide the layer with the preset shape by clicking the eye for that layer in the Layer palette.


The text is now complete. You can delete the shape path in the Paths palette, if desired.

4 comments:

  1. And how do we do it in psp? (Did ya miss me, lol?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This does not work in PSP 9, X, X1 or X2. I don't know about X3. The closest you can achieve is creating vectors (as lines) using the pen tool inside the shape and then typing your text on the line vectors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yep it doesn't work I might try what you said sometioe thanks!!! Chrispy

    ReplyDelete